Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My life in a nutshell.

Happy New Year. With those words comes term 2 of homeschooling. God has blessed us richly with our 4 children and also everything (and more) that we need to raise them. My prayer these days is for patience. It is a very large test for me to teach and play with the younger ones and not lose my temper when the older ones start to fight. Last Wednesday I went to a Homeschooling store that was closing, I went right after moms and tots. It was very busy but I did manage to get what I needed but then had to wait in line for 45 minutes. My kids were on the play mat while I waited. I thought any moment my kids were going to lose it but they did not. I was so proud. Now the other mothers were not so lucky, although I thought many homeschooling moms are perfect, calm, and patient. Maybe in the store but when they got to the car they lost it, what a great feeling for me. At that moment I felt like God broke me. What a relief!!!!! I DON'T NEED TO BE PERFECT. I am struggling with finding my time. I teach during the day and clean at night. I am feeling boxed in because I can't get out after I bring the girls to school anymore. Sad but true. I am looking forward to Friday when the girls attend the resource center for the day but then again what to do? I need out of my house and that is the day to do it. I am trying not to go shopping if I don't need anything.

Quick note on the kids: Breanna is still dealing with swollen joints. They have upped her meds to the highest dose for her. If this does not work she will need injections on a daily basis. Please pray that we don't get to the injections. She is still figure skating and loves it.
Lauren is moving along in her school work finally catching on more readily to new concepts. YAY for her!!!! Lauren is swimming and really has fun.
Tyler is my sweet boy. He loves books, Thomas the Train, and cars. He is really well mannered and does not show his temper very often.
Kayla is moving everywhere. She climbs the stairs, gets into Tylers toys. She just loves attention and uses her voice if she feels ignored. She is almost one. The year has flown by.

This is my life in a nutshell( a pretty big one).

1 comment:

Michelle said...

So how old is Breanna now? My sister had JRA from age 11 and she still has it (almost 23). Let me know if you need any advice or help. She is a nurse now and is a great resource.